Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Burden


Today was a Burden. Actually is was a Burden Run.

In 2013 the CrossFit games did an event they called the "Burden Run". For whatever reason we have been doing our own burdens runs on Wednesdays. Actually it's been a lot of fun.

Today's workout:

- 5 across and back bear crawl
- 3 100m burden carries (a big rope, two 10 lb weights and a 50 lb bag)
- 3 400m burden carries (100 lb punching bag, two 20 lb med balls and 2 10 lb weights)
- 25 tire flips with a jump through. 

It actually wasn't as hot today but it was still a warm day at 11pm.

Honestly I felt awesome today. The workout really wasn't that hard. I didn't look at my watch but I don't think it took me more that 20 minutes. The hardest thing was carries the "pig" a quarter mile. It was my second time doing that and it felt SO MUCH better this time.
I really like the timed workouts and pushing till the end and gunning for a certain number. Sometimes though its fun just to work hard and sweat. Check out friend Pete flipping the tire! 

Yesterday I was pretty worried about my elbow. Today I didn't feel it one bit. Yesterday I aggravated my elbow flipping tires. Today I flipped the tire 25 times and didn't feel it.

So weird. 

I continue to be excited about my progress. I feel like a million bucks. I also know and undertake that I am always on the edge of illness and injury. 

I have no fear. None. 

If you are curious what the "10 best ab exercises" are then jump on over to my fitness blog and check it out. It's going to give you a really good education! 

30 Day Clean Eating Challenge is open for a LIMITED TIME. Details and registration:


Please share this post if you think someone out there might be inspired! ROCK ON. 


No comments:

Post a Comment