Monday, July 21, 2014

Sucking it up

Probably the main reason that I haven't really wanted to do a whole lot of CrossFit in the past is the weights. I am not a huge fan of lifting heavier weights. To be honest it's pretty much because I am competitive and don't know when to say when.

Guess I need to suck it up and learn how to do heavy weights without hurting myself.

I got this.

Last week we worked on some front squats. Today we did cleans.

The more I blog and the more I think about this I am pretty sure this entire journey is going to revolve around me staying as injury free as possible.

The last serious bought with back pain started with some heavy cleans. Not this time.

Today I set a personal best at 175 lbs. That's a landmark weight because it is my body weight. Check me out:
We also did some overhead squats and I PR'ed there as well with 115 lbs.

It's not much but it is a start. Also worked on some handstand walks. Yeah...need lots of practice there.

Today's main WOD was open workout 12.4. The workout was a 12 minute AMRAP. 150 wall ball shots, 90 double unders and 30 muscle ups.

I actually did this workout as part of the open back in 2012. I only got through 40 dubs then. Today I got through 81 nut was totally gassed. Not sure if I could have done any muscle ups if I got to them.

The heat is a factor but there is nothing that I can do about that. The good news is that I PR'ed my "Karne" by over 90 second. 150 wall ball in 8:16.

Not back.

So the Masters workouts at the games has been announced. Man I wish I was there this year....
http://games.crossfit.com/workouts/games#masters

Day 1: 4 Workouts.
1. Deadlift ladder.
2. Handstand walk.
3. Sled sprint. (100 yds)
4. Run rope. (400m run, 2 legless rope climbs - 5 rounds)

Day 2: 2 Workouts.
1. 2007. (1000m row then 5 rounds 25 pull-ups, 7 push-jerk (135))
2. Med ball burpee. (21-15-9 medball cleans / burpees)

Day 3: 1 Workout.
50 box jumps, 25 toe to bar, 50 wall ball, 25 ring dips, 50 wall ball, 25 ring dips, 50 box jumps.

Sound like a fun weekend to me. Tomorrow I am doing 12.5 which is 21-15-9 thrusters and burpees. Wednesday is the burden run. Need something like this...anyone want to donate something like this to me?

So on I fight. Day after day I feel better about what I am doing. I feel 100% confident that not only will I make it to Carson, California BUT I know I will win the CrossFit Games. 

How is that for bold?

I can. I will. Watch me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment