Tuesday, July 15, 2014

11.2

I am not going to lie. Last nights workout was a rough one for me. I guess I could use the excuse that it was my 3rd workout of the day... but I will not.

Surely the heat was the issue.

Whatever.



I wasn't even going to workout again. In the morning we did some heavy lifting then the Fran. The pull-ups in the Farn really gassed me. I also did some overhead squat practice. I taught the 5:30pm class and Teresa worked out.
My overhead squat form is pretty good! 

I figured if she worked out then I should do. The workout looked easy enough.

For some reason I really suffered.

Here is the workout:

1000m row 
THEN 
2 rounds of 25 kettlebell overhead press (50 lbs), 25 push-ups and 25 kettlebell swings (50 lbs)
THEN
100 sit-ups
THEN
25 goblet squats (50 lbs), 25 box jumps and 25 wall ball shots. 

It took everything I had to finish right around 30 minutes.

This morning I did my 5k easy run in 25:11. It was 7am so the heat wasn't bad but the humidity was gruesome. Here is me about halfway though at a really pretty but not well know park called Carver Park:

The main workout today was the 2nd open workout from 2011. We both did 11.2.

Here is the workout.

15 minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible)

9 deadlifts (155 lbs, 100 for Teresa)
12 push-ups (hand release)
15 box jumps (24 inch for me and 18 inch for Teresa)

I did 7 rounds plus the dead lifts, push-ups and 1 box jump. My score was 272 and Teresa was 229.

Dead lifts are a REAL weakness for me so I was happy that I was able to do them with little back pain.

After the workout we worked on double-unders and I am proud to say that I tied together 5 in a row a couple of times. Boy do I have the scars to prove that I am not very good at double unders!

One of the things that I am going to need to over come is my weight. I am about 170. Well... at least I was yesterday. Today I am 165. Either one is a little light. My goal is to consistently get over 180. This will make some of the lifting stuff a little easier while keeping my strength in the met cons high. Most of the top CrossFit guys a 190-200. I don't want to be that heavy but I do want to gain a little weight. 

To facilitate weight gain this was my 9pm snack last night: 

Now that I am two days into this I can say that I am more optimistic then I was before I started. I am learning new skills and getting stronger. I have a goal and I am focused.

Let's do this.

To your success!














Rick Copley, Personal Trainer, Blogger....Champion! 
www.yourbestfitnesscoach.com
rick@yourbestfitnesscoach.com
Advocare Independant Distributor
352-989-6795
Instragram: @rickcopley

No comments:

Post a Comment