Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Nancy and new goals


We did two workouts today. One was a traditional "girls" workout that is meant to be a benchmark. The other workout was a benchmark that I made up.

First the "Nancy".

Truth be told I have never really done overhead squats so doing a workout with overhead squats I knew would be a challenge. We watched a couple of videos and practices the a few reps. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the movement suits me... for like 3 reps.

Nancy: 5 rounds for time of 15 overhead squats (95 lbs) and a 400 meter run.

When we got to the gym it was absolutely pouring with a distance rumble of thunder.

No excuses.

We did the workout anyway. Teresa's knee is bothering her a little so she did the row instead of the run. She also used a lighter weight and didn't go at low. The workout took her 19:44.

I was determined to do the Rx weight for the overhead squats and do them unbroken.

No and well... no.

I did the first round with 95. It was a little bit of struggle so I did rounds 2 and 3 with 85. The last 2 rounds I did unbroken with 75 lbs. I would rather keep good form and modify the weight then hurt myself trying to be a hero.

My modified Nancy took me 17:44. It's a start. Lot's of improving to do. I will do the Rx weight next time. Mark my words.

Our second workout was 100 double-unders for time. Considering that neither one of us could do double-unders before this week...this is quite a workout.

Rick - 3:22
Teresa - 5:26



Work. In Progress.



I have made a pretty big decision regarding my goals.

My new goal is to compete in the actual CrossFit Games in California. I have decided that since I am 41 (42) in 2015 when the open happens I might as well focus on my division. The good part about this is not only do I have a real shot at making it to the next level but I KNOW i can place high at the actual CrossFit Games.

I am stoked about this. Big goals take a lot of effort.

The workouts are going to be tough but but as tough at the regrets of not trying.

Tomorrow: Bar facing burpees, more overhead squats and muscle-ups. AWESOME!

Till then it't time to recovery!


















Rick Copley, Your Best Fitness Coach 
"Empowering YOU to be a champion
rick@yourbestfitnesscoach.com
352-989-6795

No comments:

Post a Comment