Monday, July 28, 2014

The void is filled.


Often times it is better to give something up then to hang onto something that isn't there. The twist is this: there needs to be something to fill the void.

The void is filled.

My decision to quit something that I love is probably temporary. It's not something that can leave me.

I have decided to quite the endurance sports or running, biking and triathlete and focus my efforts 100% on CrossFit competition. I don't know how to say this but... it is such an empowering feeling to know that it is OK to quit for now.


Again, the void is filled.

I love competing in endurance sports but, to be honest, my heart just isn't there. I can't stomach the time away from Teresa and I just can't seem to get in shape or be consistent. Why put that kind of pressure on myself?

Training for the CrossFit Games is something that Teresa and I can do together and that makes me happy.

I'm not saying that I will never do another triathlon again. I'll be back. For now I am focused and absolutely FIRED UP about this new challenge in my life. I am ALL IN.

I leave behind so many top finished and accolades. It's really hard to say which are my favorite. I have to say that finished 7th place in WORLD in the sport of XTerra is pretty high up there. For now the focus is on what my current love is: FITNESS.

I didn't blog ob Saturday and on Sunday. I spend those days watching the CrossFit Games, going to a memorial service for my wife's aunt and cleaning the kids bedroom.

Of course I worked out... a lot. 14 workouts last week. It's what I need to do. If I can stay injury free and healthy the SKY IS THE LIMIT.

Saturday -

  • WOD #1: 2 mile row then 125 burpee pull-ups
  • WOD #2: 25 tire flips, 50 wall ball, 25 box jumps, 50 ground to overhead (GTO) w/ 35 lb DB's, 25 push-ups, 50 ball over bar (20 lbs, 9ft) 
  • WOD #3: 21-15-9 w/ a 200m run over 2 dirt piles in between 21/15, 15/9 and after 9 - Weight used CINDER BLOCK: over shoulder cleans, goblet squats, GTO.


Sunday -

  • WOD: 5k trail run in 21:54.


Monday -

  • WOD #1: Heavy back squats (Max 235 lbs, 4 rope climbs)
  • WOD #2: Heavy dead lifts (Max 255 lbs)
  • WOD #3: 10 minute AMRAP - 5 push-press (115 lbs), 10 dead lifts (115 lbs), 15 box jumps. fell 3 box jumps short of 7 rounds. 
I've been busy. Do you think I felt like getting up at 6am to do the extra lifting workout? Nope. I did it anyway because I am committed and need a lot of work. 

Here are some pictures random pictures from the workouts: 
Gotta love the 3rd workout of the day out in the dirt lot next door. When they build the house there I am going to show my new neighbor how I threw a cinder block over my should a bunch of times....in his living room. 

I feel great today. I had a little trouble sleeping last nigh so I napped after I did other blog this morning. 

It's good to have the freedom to day that.

Awesome. I caught you up on my workouts. Now for something REALLY cool.

My wife and I are launching the August edition of the 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge. If you are interested in learning what that is you can check out this blog post: http://yourbestfitnesscoach.blogspot.com/2014/06/30-day-clean-eating-challenge.html


This is really an amazing program that Teresa put together. It really is awesome. Let me know if you have any questions: 352-989-6795 / rick@yourbestfitnesscoach.com 






No comments:

Post a Comment