Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Forward


The main concept for our training is to go FORWARD. Setbacks will happen. Frustration is around every corner. To win though means that you always go forward. Even when you think you are going backwards you need to figure out a way to keep moving forward.

The ironic thing is that last 9 days I have done (including today SO FAR) 18 separate workouts. Some have been short and some have been long but there have been a lot of them.


My back is fine. I feel tremendous physically. My knees are perfect.

It's my freakin' elbows that hurt. The good news is that I can work around that problem. The bad news is that they still hurt and pain is rarely a fun thing.

I keep moving forward.

Today we did a workout called "Annie". It's a timed workout and I did get a serving of humble pie as Teresa legitimately beat me by 50 seconds.

Honestly I was excited to be that close to her.

Double unders (dubs) are really giving me a hard time and this workout had a 150 of them coupled with my absolute worst move: sit-ups.

I did the workout is 12:25. The good people do it in half the time. The problem for me (I mean besides the fact that I am a sit-ups turtle) is that I can't string together dubs yet.

I can do 3 or 4 but my rhythm just gets messed up after that. The last round I tied together a bunch but Teresa was done by then so it was not of any help.

50-40-30-20-10 dubs and sit-ups.

When she finished the first 50 dubs before I did I knew I was in trouble.

I am moving forward though. I practiced rushed dubs and I think I am getting better.

Also I used the "ab mat" for the first time today and have a legit piece of skin missing from my butt crack. Word.


My elbow was bothered today what I did a time flip with no warm up. The lesson, of course, is to warm up!

Going FORWARD I am going to be patient with my elbow. For the last few years I have worked hard but done very few pull-ups and no rope climbs. My bar work has been pretty restricted as well. I need to develop my grip strength and my elbows will get stronger.

At least that is the plan.

Speaking of plans. My wife and I have put together a 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge. People that are doing the July edition are LOVING it!

This program is only open for a limited time. Jump on board now while you can!

Questions: rick@youbestfitnesscoach.com | teresa@yourbestfitnesscoach.com 

I hope that you enjoyed today's post and have enjoyed the others. Tonight I am doing a "Hero Workout" called Whitten. Gonna get me a little BURPEE LOVE. Rock on. 

Please share if you think your friends would find value from this blog. THANK YOU! 


No comments:

Post a Comment