Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The task at hand

On a daily basis I am working on the task at hand.


I need to get stronger. I need to get more fit. I need to learn how to do certain movements. I need to avoid injury. I need to recovery. I need to get up again tomorrow and do it all over again.

I am going to succeed at the CrossFit Games in 2015 for 3 reasons.

1. I have the talent.
2. I will out work everyone else.
3. I have the right fuel in my body with the Advocare supplements. If they work for Rich Froning they will work for me.
Rich Froning is the 3X CrossFit Games CHAMPION and Advocare endorser. 
CLICK HERE to see what products Rich uses.

Check out what Rich says about Advocare. Makes me feed pretty good about what I put into my body.


I got one and three in the bag. Number two is tough because I also need to recovery. Recovery is challenging when you are working out all the time.

Today I ran a little under 3 miles SLOW at about 7am. Not a problem.

At 9am I worked on some cleans. We established a max yesterday and this is something I am NOT used to doing so so I felt a little flat doing my cleans today. I was practicing form at 135 lbs.

At 9:15am I did Open Workout 12.5. This was a 7 minute AMRAP 3-6-9-12 etc. thrusters (100lbs) and chest to bar pull-ups. My score was 85.

This score would have put me 934/1895 in the Southeast Region in 2012. This is overall because there was no 40-45 age group that year like there is now. I would have been 25/93 in the 45-49.

I'm not 45 yet so that last stat doesn't matter. I like to compare my score now so that as I get stronger I can see the numbers come down or go up. It drives me. I do not accept being "top half". I am a warrior and a champion. I don't do well as top half. Fight on I must....

I think I could have had about 10 more reps today if we had chalk at the gym. The lest set of pull-ups (15) I got timed out at 10. I was doing singles because my grip strength was gone from sweating so bad.

I'm not even going to talk about how I do these workouts in a garage like gym with not one bit of AC. It was over 90 today.

The other workout that I did was 5 rounds of TABATA. Each TABATA had 2 exercises. (Exercise#1 20 seconds work/10 seconds rest then exercise#2 20 seconds work/10 seconds rest for 4 minutes) Here are the exercise pairs:

1. Pull-ups / push-ups
2. Golblet squats (50 lbs - This is the heaviest kettlebell we have) / wall ball
3. Sit-ups / low plank
4. Overhead press (35 lb DB's) / swings
5. Row / double unders

My body is a little achy. My shoulders and back are sore. My nap today helped but I am still tired.

The feeling makes it all worth it becasue in one year I will see the fruits of my labor bear at the CrossFit Games. I got this.

Thanks for joining me on my journey. Tomorrow is a burden run. Still trying to figure out how I am going to get a 100 lbs punching bag on my back.

My fitness blog today is about "Action". It's really powerful. Please jump on over and check it out if you get a chance.  http://yourbestfitnesscoach.blogspot.com/2014/07/action.html

As I right this I'm thinking I need to do some squats or something at the gym tonight.... hmmmm.

If you want to be part of what we do then you could join our team Just shoot me a quick email and ask me how: rick@yourbestfitnesscoach.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment