Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Burden Run

CrossFit Games 2014 started to day for the individuals. The beach looked tough this year.

250 yard swim
50 kettlebell thrusters / 30 burpees
500 yard swim 
50 kettlebell thrusters / 30 burpees
250 yard swim.

Good luck with that one guys. Hope you have been in the pool.



I am not at the games this year so I have to do my own workouts. Today was the Burden Run.

The run was a burden for sure. Did this at 11am here is Central Florida.... yeah.... AKA the surface of the sun....

I am tough and I consider the heat just me be an element that makes my workout harder and thus makes me better.

Started with a 1.2 mile run. I did this in about 8 minutes. Then I carried "the pig" 400 meters. This bad boy is a 100 lb punching bag. It was a tough haul down the street for sure.
I haven't had a lot of success finding a sled yet so I pulled a picnic table with 50 lbs on it across the parking lot 3 times. Don't underestimate how hard it is to drag things in the Florida sun. This was more awkward than anything. Worked out to about 120 yards. 

The picnic table deal was followed by 12 tire flips. This isn't all that hard for me. It's a little awkward but I pushed though them. The tire is almost as big as I am....

This was followed by 24 lunge walk steps with a 75 lb barbell. To be honest I didn't know how this would feel for me so I used 75. Next time I will use more. We have bee doing a lot of lunge walks with weight lately so I am starting to get strong. This s a good sign. 

I didn't realize till I saw this picture that my elbow was a little bent. Need to work on that for sure. Strait arms darn it! 

Finished the workout with two legless rope climbs. To my surprise my elbow feel fine after doing this. It was hard but I did it. Not a real flattering picture but here I am climbing the rope....

Workout took me 22:47. It would have been nice to be racing someone. I could have probably gone a minute or more faster. It was a solid workout for me and I am happy with the results. 

As the results for the masters competition come out it is very obviously that I am going need to be able to increase my max lifts safely. The 20th place guy at the games (in the 40-44 division) dead-lifted 385 lbs.

That right these is a problem I need to solve. 

Lucky for me my Mass Impact came in today. Stuff works to gain muscle and strength. Love me some Mass Impact...
If you do CrossFit or are just looking to put on muscle then you seriously need to consider. Advocare's Mass Impact. Learn more here: https://www.advocare.com/09073310/Store/ItemDetail.aspx?itemCode=P2800&id=B

As I go through this journey to the games I am in need of some sponsorship. We are accepting both individuals and businesses as sponsors. Please send my an email if you are interested to helping a guy out. You read my excuses. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks for reading and a quick share is always appreciated! Rock on. 

Rick Copley
352-989-6795
Instagram: @rickcopley
Facebook: rickcopley 



No comments:

Post a Comment